Hey, I get it. You are living your life, day to day. Reacting to the events that happen around you. And hoping for the best. We've all been there. Have you thought about the key questions like "Why are you here?" "What are you meant to do in this life?" and "How can you make a difference?"
Over the last year, I have spent lots of time thinking about these questions for myself. And, I decided to be proactive instead reactive. I came up with a Life Mission Statement as well as a Music Mission Statement. They're both meant to be guiding principles for how I live my life and what purpose I can serve to others.
There are many ways you can write these. I chose bullet points as the format and as a reference for whenever I need to make a decision or take an action. I make sure that these principles are guiding me. Since you are a part of my life, you are also a part of both of my mission statements. I asked myself "how would I want to be treated if I were you?"
Do you have a Mission Statement? Would you like to share some of your goals and principles. Please do so in the comments below. Let me know what you think of mine. I would really appreciate your feedback
Here is my Life Mission Statement:
- My core mission in this life is to lift the spirits of all beings that I encounter in every situation I find myself!
- I do this by being authentic, honest and trustworthy!
- I assume positive intent until proven otherwise!
- I associate myself with those who demonstrate positivity and goodness!
- I create meaningful and mutually fulfilling relationships in all aspects of my life.
- I listen to hear and not to reply.
- I continue to find ways to improve all my talents and abilities to better serve myself and others!
- I use humor to bring light into darkness!
- I practice gratitude in every moment and I encourage gratitude in others!
- I am a shining example of overcoming anxiety by practicing gratitude, meditation, eating healthy and exercising regularly! I share my story with the world to inspire others!
- I do all of this because I am worthy of my peace of mind, my happiness, my excellent health, my success and my abundant wealth!
- I believe all of you are worthy of these as well!
Here is my Music Mission Statement:
- I create and nurture a community of fans and advocates that supports my creative efforts and sustains all of my creative and financial needs. This allows me to support myself with my music.
- I create mutually beneficial relationships with my fans and advocates by taking a true interest in their lives and situations.
- I create meaningful and consistent content that interests me and I find my audience based on their mutual interest in what I release to the world.
- I write music that comes from the deepest parts of my being, which inspires, uplifts and transforms the lives of those who listen.
- My music shows people how they can see the world in a different and better way, which inspires them to grow into being more evolved and at peace with their lives.
- I write and perform with passion and emotion and I am adept at creating both musical and lyrical hooks.
I want to hear from you! What do you think of these statements. What is important to you? What are you motivated by? Let's hear from you in the comments below.